Clearly the blog has been neglected... total bummer. Here's what's been going on since early March:
Paisley's been playing with Jarrett and Dane (Jesse & Jade's boys) pretty often. Sometimes they play in the backyard of the Fagan's house, but most recently they've been to the Dallas zoo and the Museum of Natural History (I think that's the official name). Here they are heading out, all three car seats in Mike's truck.


That same week, Mike, Paisley and I ran in a 5K in Denton. It was the first official 5K run for mommy, and despite the fact that I lost my Ipod in the process and it took me FAR too long, we ran nearly the entire way, so I'll consider that a small victory. We plan to participate in more 5K runs this spring and summer.

Paisley is very much a "crafty" girl these days, and loves her colors, stickers, play-doh, and other paper and craft items. She'll find some very creative places to put her colors, and we find them hidden in lots of interesting spots. Like here: not so much hidden, but her dress pocket makes a good spot for colors:

The weather has been great for the most part, so lots of time is spent outside. Paisley is thrilled when she gets to play outside. Memorial Park, which is a 5-minute walk from our house, has lots of great swings and slides to keep her busy:
Last weekend, Paisley and I went with Ree Ree to visit Aunt Heather in Waco. We went to a great park area and played with Heather & Adam and Ducati (his sweet doggie) for the afternoon. 
And this week has been filled with preparations for Easter, and it has been a beautiful few days. On Wednesday, Paisley had her first taste of Easter egg hunting with Grandma Fay and Grandma Darlene at their house. On Friday, she helped color and decorate eggs with Mommy, Ree Ree, and Aunt Heather. She's a goofy girl :)

As for the egg decorating, she really wasn't all that interested, and was a little frustrated that she had to be gentle with the eggs and couldn't hold the cups with the dye by herself. So, after a few tries, I broke out the Play-doh and she enjoyed playing with that while the big girls finished up the eggs.

This morning, the grandparents and Ian came over and we had an Easter egg hunt just for Paisley. I'll post more pictures later, but she had a great time, knew exactly what to do. I am sure we'll be hiding the Easter eggs several times a day for a while!

Happy Easter!

0 comments:
Post a Comment