Thursday, July 30, 2009

"I'm 2!!"

Paisley is very proud that she is 2, and if you ask, you'll know very quickly how old she is! So I can remember in a few years what you were up to at 2 years old Paisley, here's what life is like these days:


  1. You know how to sing through your ABC's, with just a few improvisations during the "hard" parts like L M N O P.
  2. You know your full name, although when you say it, you leave out a few syllables here and there and it usually comes out as "Pai Ree Gibswing". I think we'll call ourselves the "Gibswings" for a while b/c it's cute.
  3. When you do throw a little fit when life doesn't go your way, you don't stay frustrated for long, and when you realize your behavior is not OK, you immediately say 'Sorry momma' or 'Sorry daddy'.
  4. Like any 2 year old, you like to say no. But, you always say "no, okay", "no, okay"... I am not sure where this comes from.
  5. You still sleep in your crib and love it. No attempts at climbing out yet. You're still not a deep sleeper.
  6. You love to take showers. We could leave you in our shower for a LONG time and you'd be happy playing with your toys, just filling up legos with water and pouring it out... We do, of course, supervise.
  7. You like to eat "snacks". You'll get up from the table after dinner and say to mommy "time snack?". We've got to work on this one - you know, eating your meals so you aren't hungry right after dinner.
  8. You've got a sweet tooth - especially for ice cream. When you see a picture of ice cream on a puzzle or coloring book or something, you say in a really loud voice, "mmmmmm, ICE CREAM".
  9. You LOVE your Grandmas and your Ree Ree. Since you spend one day a week with each of them right now, you pretty much know the way to their houses by heart, know exactly where we are when we pull up, and you probably know exactly what you can get away with at each of their homes. Your Papas (Mike and Doug) are pretty special too.
  10. You REALLY dislike getting your teeth brushed right now. You want to brush your teeth all the time, but only if YOU are doing it... :) It is a big struggle, but hopefully we'll get through this soon.
  11. Life is immeasurably better with Paisley in our family. These 2 years have been so incredible, I can't wait to see what God has in store for this year of your life sweet girl!
Can you believe how tall she is? I did one of those silly height predictors & it said she was going to be 5'7'' based on her height and weight now - who knows. I have a feeling she's going to surpass me for sure.
Paisley loves all things Dora and Diego right now, so we decided to do a Dora birthday party for her. A local bakery in Plano did this cake for her - it turned out so cute! She loved it. We also had a bounce house courtesy of one of our family friends, but it ended up being just too hot for any of the kids to play on it.

Mike is wrapping up his summer school classes right now & will have a short break before getting back into it for the fall semester. He's taking 5 classes, 2 of which have labs, so he'll be in Denton on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 10-12 hours. So proud of him!!

Paisley is going to be starting school as well at First Baptist Lewisville after Labor Day. She'll go 2 days a week from 9:30 to 2:30. Mike and I are really excited for her. She seems to be the type that will excel in school, so it will be good for her to have this extra exposure to other kids & lots of learning.

Other than that, with a house on the market, much of our time is spent keeping the house clean, rearranging our schedule for the occasional showings, and praying for a buyer - if the time is really right for us to make a move. If we do end up selling the house, we won't be moving far. When we bought this house, we intended to be here for about 5 years, and we want Paisley to be in a different set of schools when she gets to that age.

Praising God for such a healthy, happy 2 year old & looking forward to all of the ways Paisley will continue to enrich our lives.

Love you all!!

1 comments:

Papa Mike said...

I loved getting to spend time with Pais at the ball game on Wednesday before her birthday and then at the party. I was out of practice feeding ice cream to toddlers, but it came back to me at the ball game. I loved that she let me pick her up and carry her to the swing hanging from the tree in your parents backyard. I pushed her for what seemed like a good half hour, and then I saw her head start to bob as she was trying to go to sleep. She is truly one of the most precious things I've ever known.